Cashew Chicken Kuruma
Cashew Chicken Kuruma is a delicious chicken recipe full of aroma and flavor from India. Cashew chicken kuruma is a side dish served along with Indian food, Chapati and butter naans.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Cashew Chicken Kuruma Ingredients
Chicken - 6 breast fillets
Dried Chillies - 6
Coriander seeds - 2 tablespoons
Poppy seeds - 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
Cashew nuts - 15
Almonds - 3
Roasted bengal grams - 1 tablespoon
Ground ginger - 1 teaspoon
Garlic - 4
Cloves - 4
Desiccated coconut - 2 cups
Ghee - 100 gram
Small onions - 5
Lemon - 1
Salt - to taste
Hot water - 1 cup
Cashew Chicken Kuruma Preparing Method
1. Wash and clean chicken breast fillets and cut them into 3 cm square pieces.
2. Peel and chop onions. Combine chillies, poppy seeds, coriander, cumin, turmeic, ginger, roasted grams, almonds and 10 cashew nuts in a blender and blend them to a fine paste.
3. Combine coconut in a bowl with one cup of warm water, stand for few minutes and then press coconut through sieve, reserve the milk in a cup.
4. Melt ghee in a frying pan, stir in onions, crushed garlics and spice paste for 3 minutes. (you can also add a small piece of cinnamon and 2 cloves)
5. Now add chicken pieces, fry on all sides untill brown.
6. When chicken is almost done, then add the coconut milk and salt to taste.
7. Simmer sauce untill reduced and thickened. Add little more diluted coconut milk if the sauce is very thick. Now add the remaining cashew nuts(fried in ghee and broken into pieces) and also lemon juice.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, serve hot.
Cashew Chicken Kuruma is one of the best side dishes for Chapatis, Rottis and Naans.