Tamil Nadu Agricultural University - Coimbatore
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) came into being on June 1, 1971. However, it had its genesis from establishment of an agricultural school at Saidapet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in 1868 and was later relocated at Coimbatore. It is the world's largest and the top most agricultural university.
In 1920, TNAU was affiliated with Madras University. TNAU assumed full responsibilities of agricultural education and research and supported the State Agricultural Department by delivering research products. Until 1946, the Agricultural College and Research Institute, Coimbatore, was the only institute for agricultural education in South India. In 1958, it was recognized as a Post-graduate Centre leading to Masters and Doctoral degrees. The Agricultural College and Research Institute, Madurai was established in 1965. These two colleges formed the nucleus of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University when it was established in 1971.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural UniversityMaruthamalai road
Phone: +91 - 422 - 6611200
Fax: +91 - 422 - 6611410
email: registrar@ tnau.ac.in